Logo from www.movfest.org
Just got news the news (and PR) about the upcoming 4th .MOV Fest from a friend and for this year, it will not only cover digital films but it will also include music and literature. MOVfest will happen on September 1 – 6, 2011 in 3 separate venues such as Podium, Ayala Museum and UP Film Center. The event will kick off on September 1st, just in time with the death anniversaries of slain film critic and journalist Alex Tioseco and Nikha Bohinc.
There will be three special events which will cover the film, music and literature genres. These are:
- Launch of the DVD of “Short Films for Long People” : a compilation of short films from previous SILVERSHORTS winners
- Launch of the book “Under the Storm”, an anthology of poetry from 150 poets in the country both critically-acclaimed and newbies
- Launch of the album “Songs from the End of the World”, a compilation of today’s best singer-songwriters in the local scene.
Artists, musicians and poets such as Bienvenido Lumbera, Pete Lacaba, Lourd De Veyra, Joey Ayala, Ely Buendia, Vin Dancel, Kate Torralba, and more will be gracing these launches. Please do check MOV Fest’s website and Facebook page for updates and pre-event activities.
Schedule of events are:
September 1 – Opening Night, The Podium Activity Center
• DVD Launch: Short Films For Long People Cinema is Love: The Best of .MOV”
September 2 – Literature Night, Ayala Museum
• Book Launch: Under The Storm
• Poetry Reading: 24 poems, to be read by 12 poets and 12 celebrities
September 3 – Music Night, The Podium Activity Center
• Album Launch: Songs From The End Of The World
• Singer-Songwriter Shindig: Musical performances by 12 singer-songwriters
September 4 – Film Workshops, Mogwai Cinematheque, Cubao Expo
• Free Workshops by Vanja Kaludjercic and Joel Shepard
September 2 – 6 – Film Screenings, UP Film Center
1:00PM – 8:00PM