Last week, we were invited to attend the Havaianas event held at Rockwell. Summer is here and so flip flops are now very much in demand. And so this is the right time to promote originality, not only in buying original Havaianas slippers but to also be original in the things that we do.
The event was hosted by Iya Villania and Mo Twister (by the way, they’re wearing their Havaianas flip flops then 🙂 ). Noel Cabangon set the mood before the start of the show by playing beach jams ;). Bloggers, mainstream media and other guests flocked the event. After the registration, we were asked to pose at the Havaianas wall. At the middle of the event, printed photos of the guests were distributed. We were asked to write on the photo provided to answer “What makes you orgininal?”. Our photos were posted on the wall for everyone to see.
What makes this event original?
Well, Havaianas will be funding a project that would be helpful for the Filipino youth and this is through the non-government organization Rock Ed Philippines. Any individual or group witin the age bracket of 13-32 years old may submit their entries to email@example.com. The proposals will be posted on their Multiply site and will let the public will decide on which idea is truly original.
Here are some of the important things that you should know if you’re interested in joining:
- Deadline is APRIL 4, 2009.
- Email again is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information such as COMPLETE NAME/S, AGE/S AND EMAIL ADDRESSES OF THE SENDERS.
- Information about the Project Representative: Address and Telephone and Mobile Number/s.
- Format should be:
- Project title (name of the project, make it catchy)
- Objective (goal of the project)
- Project Team (background about the team-Why are you joining?)
- Beneficiary (who will benefit from your project?)
- Mechanics (implementation)
- Budget (should show how you intend to distribute the grant money)
- Extra information about the people behind the project
Terms and Conditions:
- Online voting ends on April 17, 2009.
- There will be 3 categories for HIGH SCHOOL (individual / group within the bracket of 13-17 y/o), COLLEGE (individual / group within the bracket of 17-21 y/o, not necessarily enrolled in school) and PROFESSIONAL (individual / group 21 y/o and older).
- 3 projects will be chosen per category so a total of 9 projects will be chosen.
- The minimum grants to be awarded: HIGH SCHOOL (Php 8,000), COLLEGE (Php 10,000) and PROFESSIONAL (Php 15,000). The Actual grants will depend on the pledges from the people who attended the launch of the campain last week.
- Criteria on choosing the entries: ORIGINALITY (25%), SOCIAL RELEVANCE (25%), IMPACT ON INTENDED BENEFICIARY (25%) AND VOTES FROM MULTIPLY (25%).
- Entries will be judged by Anne Gonzales of Terry SA/Havaianas and Gang Badoy (Founder) of Rock Ed Philippines.
- Winners will be announced through the Multiply site and of course be notified through phone call and email.
- Winners should be available during the awarding and should present 2 valid IDs.
- Winners must agree to the implementation guidelines of RockEd, which includes liquidation of the grant fund with official receipts, vouchers and document the event with photographs and/or video
** details were from the press kit provided.